We are committed to creating a vibrant Village offering
- Community and companionship – you will be surrounded by likeminded people all wanting to make the most of their retiring years!
- Safety and security – lock up and leave without the worry plus 24/7 emergency system in your home and the facilities.
- Low maintenance living – let us take care of the lawns, gardens and general home maintenance.
- Community Facilities – which will include the Community Centre with heated indoor pool, bar area and terrace; and also a Men’s Shed by the end of 2021.
- Location – country living yet close to everything you need.
You must be over 55 years of age (or if a couple, at least one of you).
By making an entry payment in return for us granting you a 99 year Lease of your Villa.
You will pay a Lease Registration Fee and associated costs and expenses as detailed in the Disclosure Statement. We recommend you seek independent legal advice prior to signing any documents relating to residency. You will need to pay your own legal fees.
The recurrent charges are your proportion of the costs of operating the Village. They are payable monthly in advance as detailed in the Disclosure Statement. These charges are generally increased annually and cover costs such as:
- council rates and water charges
- building insurance
- maintenance costs associated with the facilities, gardens and grounds
- annual pest control to external areas of your Villa and the common areas
- staff wages and administration costs associated with the Village
- emergency call system monitoring costs
Yes. Residents will be presented with the proposed Annual Budget at least 60 days prior to the commencement of each financial year and will be asked for approval to implement it. The proposed annual budget reflects the cost of the day to day operation of the Village and is prepared in accordance with the NSW Retirement Villages Act.
We have 2 models available.
- The departure fee model where the fee is based upon the amount the next resident pays for a lease of your Villa. The departure fee is calculated on a daily basis for each day your lease continues until you have permanently vacated your Villa. The maximum number of days is 1825 (5 years) and the maximum percentage is 35%
- The no departure fee model where you can pay an additional amount upfront and no departure fee when leaving the Village.
You will need to pay the electricity, gas and phone services for your Villa and any other services such as Foxtel. We also encourage you to have a contents insurance policy that includes public liability cover.
Pets are permitted with management approval. There are rules surrounding the keeping of pets to ensure a comfortable and safe environment for all residents.
Your friends and family are most welcome to stay with you. To assist in emergency management, you should notify the office of the names of any guests who will be saying overnight. If your guest/s will be staying for more than 2 weeks prior management approval is required. You must always supervise your guests, make sure they comply with the Village Rules and accompany them when on Village grounds or in the facilities.
You are free to come and go as you like. Whilst you are away you can rest assured that your Villa is secure, gardens and lawns maintained, and mail collected.
Rules are being developed and will be available shortly.
You will give notice to management, remove your possessions from your Villa and return the keys to management.
We can find a buyer for a lease of your Villa or you can engage an external agent to do this. As with all residential property, prices are determined by market forces.
Your Lease is registered on the Certificate of Title of the Land and this ensures your right to occupy your Villa. The terms of your Lease bind any new owner/operator.
Berry Park Village is owned by Berry Park Retirement Village Pty Ltd.
Gordon Eacott is the Director of the Owner. Gordon has been in the construction industry since 1972 and involved in the retirement village industry since 1991. Gordon has assisted in the establishment of Broadwater Court Retirement Village at Kincumber, Mountview and Kurrajong Villages Tamworth, Settlers Village Wagga Wagga, Elermore Glen at Newcastle, Halliday Shores Blackhead Beach Halliday’s Point and Horizons Village Dubbo.
Katie Ambrose is the Village Manager. Katie has worked in the health / aged care industry for over 30 years and has 15 years’ experience managing Retirement Villages.
Please complete the below form with any enquiries you may have and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible